Wednesday 16 September 2009

Evaluating

I've spent the whole summer picking out competition briefs and experimenting with brushes/colours/illustration styles to 1) keep busy 2) find where and what i want to do for the rest of this course and potentially my life.

I'm turned on by print and want to experiment this year with more screen printing, letter press. I also enjoy working with image, which is something i feel more confident with compared to the beginning of year two. However, i believe a good typeface is everything. And in order to have a successful, eye catching final product you need solid imagery and solid type, that interact well together yet still work as separate entities.

The idea behind a piece is just as important as the way it looks.
So over the course of this 3rd and final year, i will continue to explore different print methods aswell as continuing to learn software and improving my hand drawing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment